Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is it?



I like unusual plants, if I spot one in a garden centre or market I buy it, it can be quite frustrating when it comes without a label, or the seller doesn't know what it is. In the photo is a plant bought in the farmers market in Lugo several years ago, the seller didn't know it's name, neither did a friend who was a landscape gardener. It has never failed to bloom for us, this year it has six blooms, although it appears to be bursting out of it's pot, this is what it seems to like, the plant itself grows from surface rhizomes and has suffered no ill effects from being split by our afore mentioned friend when he moved us here from Spain. I wonder if his part of the plant has bloomed, I must ask. In the meantime, if anyone out there know what it is please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment